How
to learn Japanese
The Twenty first century is a very globalized.
More and more people are interested in speak more than one languages.
Especially live in America, it is very important to have the skill. I believe
everyone in CGS has aware of that. I am a Chinese speaker; English is my second
language, and I am learning Japanese. I think learning language is very
interesting. Speaking other languages and be able to understand them is such a
magic for me. I would love to share my learning experiences with you how to
learn Japanese.
First, Japanese is based on Chinese, and then
developed to its own language. Its writing system has divided to three parts
Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji. Hiragana and Katakana are both Japanese
syllable. Hiragana is used to write native words for which there are no kanji.
In contrast to Hiragana, Katakana is primarily used for transcription of
foreign language words into Japanese. Kanji
are adopted form Chinese characters, and is written using the same characters.
As a beginner, get to know Hiragana is the most
basic and important material you have to learn. Hiragana is like English
alphabet. If you know them by heart I guarantee you can read all Japanese
articles that are write as Hiragana. You might not understand what does the
article means, but its Okay that’s why we have to build up our vocabularies.
Talk about globalization, it show in Japanese as
well. So if you hear our exchanges student very carefully you would realize
that they pronunciation of “ice cream” just like how we pronounce it. It is
very interesting right? There are so many English are written as Katakana. For
example, coffee, computer, and sunglasses ect. Do you feel more encouraged to
learn Japanese? See if you know how to speak English; you are automatically can
speak 30 percent of Japanese vocabulary. How exciting is that! However, I have
an advice for people who are taking Japanese right now. Please memorize your
Katakana Chart! I know they are tricky to remember, but its important to know
how to write them as well. I didn’t know all the Katakana, so every time I get
points off at it. It’s such a shame!
Most people do not like writing Kanji, because
they are hard to write and they can be pronounced to different ways. Personally
I agree some Kanji are hard write, but I also think they are very beautiful and
meaningful. For example, person is write as 人. Does this character looks like a person is
walking? A tip to learn Kanji, think about the character as a picture or keep
practice writing it on a piece of paper until you memorize it. Good luck!
There are also other enjoyable ways to learn Japanese. For example,
listening Japanese songs, watching anime, and some TV shows; they will help you
relate what you learned to real situations.
After all wish everyone have fun learning Japanese, and for people who are interested
to learn Japanese hope
you start learning soon. Japanese is a very fun and interesting language to
know.
No comments:
Post a Comment