Sunday, October 20, 2013

Without Homework, School, Enjoyable!?


Should high school teachers not assign students homework at weekend?

School is one of the most amazing places, we learned most of our knowledge and introduced us new friends from there. I love to go to school. However on the other hand, school is also very stressful. Personally, taking test is not as tough as trying to finish homework on time everyday, especially on the weekend. Therefore homework is a widespread problem between students and teachers.

I bet everyone has heard or maybe used one of those excuses for unfinished homework list below:
·      I just got too tired and no time to do it.
·      I have sports practice until very late.
·      I forget my notebook at school.
·      I have to work after school.

Notice that student attend not to finish their homework during the weekend. As a high school student I think all of those reasons are very practical and true. However teachers might think those are all excuses students been lazy and irresponsible. If you are one of them, please bare with me for a second.

Most of the adults have weekend off, because after a week working they are exhausted and worn out. They needed weekend to rest and fresh their memories for the new week. Same as students after week-long training and absorbing knowledge, our brain needed time to rest, especially for students who are part-time worker and athlete. They are desperate for weekend to come and work on their social life. I can image some students who are part-time worker have to stay up late on Sunday night trying to crack through all the work its due next day. And on Monday start with pooped face and grappling mood. 

Not only school-work take away students time to rest, it also limits students work on their own weakness. For example, student who plan to go college have to study for SAT on their own. If homework take away their time I can’t image how are they get extra time to study.

Nevertheless homework can refresh students’ memory if they have test on next week. It also can make students more skillful at what they had learned at school.

It is a tough decision whether to decide have homework at weekend or not. If students could be more responsible for themselves that knowing what they should accomplish on their own. I think teachers not assign homework at weekend it's debatable. Then go to school would be really fun and enjoyable without Sunday night's struggles. 

1 comment:

  1. Gwenyth this is so true, homework is always very stressful to get done for me as well. I found your topic very relate able since i go through the same process every school day. I found some minor grammar errors when i was reading was not a big deal as i was still able to understand what you were trying to say. Good job keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete